White Deer Run Mt Zion, is a co-ed residential substance abuse treatment facility serving patients diagnosed with the disease of addiction. Our facility has openings for PRN All Shifts and Part Time Weekends (every other) Saturday and Sunday 11pm to 7am and 7pm to 7am.
Under the supervision of the Nursing Supervisor, the LPN is responsible for assisting the Physician in providing patient care in a supportive and therapeutic environment. The Licensed Practical Nurse coordinates with the Physician, Registered Nurse and Director of Nursing cooperates with other departments as required to provide for total patient care.
- Obtains a complete initial assessment including medical, psychiatric and chemical dependency history.
- Assesses and evaluates medical and psychiatric problems and reports to the Registered Nurse and Physician to initiate interventions.
- Confers with other departments regarding patient care on an as needed basis.
- Accurately follows through on physician orders, administering medications and treatments and scheduling outside consultations.
- Assists in the formulation of ITP and MTP, including assessments, writing care plans, updates of care plans, and discharge planning.
- Assists in the identification of medical, emotional and environmental needs of the patient.
- Assists in nutritional screening, interventions with dietician, physician and dietary department to ensure that the patient s dietary needs are met.
- Assists in searching patients and their belongings, confiscating all contraband and inappropriate items.
- Responsible for accurate documentation on patient charts.
- Accurately documents unusual events of patients, staff and visitors by utilizing Incident Reports.
- Completes diagnostics such as PFTs, PPDs and the collection of urine, sputum and other specimens.
- Prefer experience in chemical dependency or psychiatric nursing.
- A graduate of an approved school of nursing with a current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of PA
- CPR Certification.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to understand medical charts and physician orders.
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills with patients, staff, physicians, families and the public.
- Ability to be flexible in adjusting to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Must have ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
- Ability to work well with others as a member of a team.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Associated topics: hemodialysis, licensed, licensed vocational nurse, lpn, med, nurse iii, nurse lpn, practical, practical nurse lpn, vocational nurse