Do you have a fascination for innovation and industrial technology? Do you want to work in a company who is expanding globally where you can truly make a difference? Look no further, Columbus McKinnon is the company for you. We are looking for talented people who can think differently, act with integrity, and win as a team - we're just getting started.
We design and make material handling products and solutions, but the most important part of our business is our people. We have been a hard working company for over 140 years proud of our heritage, where we come from, and where we're going. As Columbus McKinnon grows, so does our need for driven and inspired employees. We are publicly traded and expanding globally to new markets, geographies, and distribution channels. Join our winning team!
We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Application and Product Specialist to join our Sales team. The Application and Product Specialist will be responsible for sales growth and business development through authorized channel partners. This is a remote position, managing our North Eastern Territory. This position will report to our Corporate Headquarters in Getzville, NY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Formulates business plans and strategies to grow overall sales revenue and market share.
* Engages in consultative selling with emphasis at large end users accounts.
* Responsible for successful implementation of commercial business programs, target marketing programs, promotions, training programs and product launches.
* Duties are centered on distributor development in conjunction with customer contact at key strategic end user accounts. This position will report up through the corporate headquarters in Getzville, NY.
* Primary sales focus for powered and manual hoists, with rigging and engineered products savvy.
* Cover geographic sales territories, developing and maintaining relationships with Channel Partners and End Users.
* Manage the territory's channel partner network for sales growth and conflict minimization/resolution.
* Analyze target account requirements and develop penetration plans with to increase market share.
* Develop distributor relationships at all levels within the organization.
* Utilize distribution and CMCO resources to provide the necessary level of technical expertise to the customer.
* Resolve territory issues involving, marketing, pricing, product, warranties and product modification (specials).
* Responsible for the measurement of distributor performance, and implementing distributor performance improvement programs, for new units and parts sales.
* Management of new product launches and promotional programs through the channel.
* Collect and report trends and strategies of competitors to Sales Management.
* Actively seeks out and participates in both formal and informal training opportunities.
* Takes an active role in coaching distribution personnel and evaluating their competency in the support of all CMCO Hoist & Rigging brands, products and services.
* Frequently performs joint sales calls with channel partner sales team including but not limited to product demonstrations and application assessments.
* Provide sales opportunity funnel and sale forecasting input.
* Assures that CMCO has a consistent high level of distributor capabilities to serve customers in the assigned geography.
* Demonstrates an understanding of distributor key business drivers.
* Delivers sales workshops as needed to demonstrate capabilities.
* Differentiates CMCO products and services from competition utilizing product and non-product factors.
* Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by Regional Sales Manager
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) required. Three to five years of related sales experience required. Experience in industrial sales and selling through industrial distribution preferred. Knowledge of technical products and distributor functions preferred. Travel percentage > 50%. Remote in-home office.
Columbus McKinnon Offers:
* Competitive Compensation and Commission
* Comprehensive Benefit Package including full car and phone reimbursement
* Generous Travel Reimbursement
Associated topics: director of sales, leader, principal, sales executive, sales manager, shift lead, supervisor, team lead, team leader, territory manager