DSM Bright Science. Brighter Living.
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about 10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Assure that DSM products are of consistent and high quality by producing products in compliance with established DSM/GMP procedures. To lead the operationals aspects of the manufacturing process in a production plant, including the associated utility systems.
* Performs all operations within assigned manufacturing department, non-controlled and controlled environment areas in accordance with DSM Standard Operation Procedures and all safety requirements as assigned.
* Performs operations outside own department when needed with minimal supervision.
* Handling of chemicals and solvents may be required.
* Works under limited supervision.
* Keep detailed, accurate, and legible paper and computerized records of production activities following DSM/GMP guidelines.
* Advise Group Lead/and or Supervisor of perceived problems with processes, machinery, or product quality and actively participates in developing improvements.
* Assure product quality through close attention to detail, inspection methods, and in-process testing as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Manufacturing Supervisor.
* Provide suggestions on potential improvement opportunities in quality, product, processes and efficiency.
* Deals with somewhat complex problems.
* Identifies problem components, potential interactions between them and offers suggestions for resolution and improvements.
* Works with R&D, Engineering and other DSM groups as assigned.
* Deals with intermediate complexity problems that must be broken down to manageable pieces.
* Keeps appropriate people informed.
* Interacts and collaborates with others, employing a communication style appropriate to the person or audience.
* Utilizes knowledge and experience and seeks additional information to enhance understanding.
* Seeks opportunities and sets goals for own development.
* Identifies and learns from mentors/developmental advisors.
* Two-year technical degree or equivalent years of experience in related fields
* Minimum 5 years of experience, preferably in Medical Device manufacturing or related industry
* Strong oral and written communication skills to provide information to others by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Good interpersonal skills to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
* Strong mechanical or electrical aptitude.
* Ability to participate in multifunctional and multidepartmental teams
* Self-starter, ability to work independently on projects as required.
* Proficient in the use of MSOffice, Word and Excel.
* Knowledge and experience working with machinery, tooling for products/processes in a medical device environment.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Accuracy, a detail orientation, initiative to multi-task with deadlines, flexible can-do attitude, and ability to adjust workload to meet varying schedules.
* Industrial scale hands-on experience with process optimization focus. Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and present them.
* Ability to operate various equipment and hand tool in assigned areas with no supervision.
* Molder/Extrusion experience required.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people's lives and solving the challenges of today's world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your resume and cover letter via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be
contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about 10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see or connect on
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, inventory, lawn, manage, manufacture, plant, prune, ship, transplant