Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Food Service Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Food Service Department including staff, sales, margin, and labor. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Food Service Department.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Prepares the weekly sales and labor projections for the food service department in order to maximize sales and profits; ensures department operations are within the labor percent allowed. * Monitors and controls all costs and expenses; includes maintaining proper ordering and inventory control, ensuring proper weighing procedures, controlling shrink, and monitoring ad displays. * Manages the Food Service Department staff including hiring, training, scheduling, coaching, and initiating required performance reviews; ensures staff is trained on all policies and procedures. * Oversees shift operations including writing and/or approving Department work schedules. * Ensures weekly flyer ads are in stock and ready for sale during business hours and that product for upcoming ads are ordered, in stock, and available for processing. * Stocks food service cases; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Food Service Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy. * Ensures cleanliness of food service aisles, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping. * Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection while working the food service counter; requires selling and cross selling of products. * Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and qualit * Monitors the rotation of all food service products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items. * Balances the food service general ledger and financial statements; responsible for all department margins. * Oversees pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products. * Manages department inventory control ensuring no out of stocks and/or over-stocks. * Uses knowledge of scales, weight measures, and tares to accurately weigh and label products; includes packaging and wrapping product and following the proper dating procedures. * Monitors that proper temperatures are being maintained at all stages during the production of deli, cheese, and bakery items. * Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation. * Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times. * Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalency degree. * Must have a minimum of 4 years professional experience. * Preferred 3-5 years grocery retail experience in Food Service department processes and procedures. * Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times. * Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment. * Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise. * Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations. * Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines. * Excellent written communication and documentation skills. * Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management. * Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel. * Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential. * Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals * Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates. * Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment. * Must have advanced knowledge of math, weights, and measures. * Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret Company financial statements and results. * Must have skills working with all food service equipment such as knives, slicers, scales, and ovens. * Ability to follow and direct team to follow recipes, spec, and schematic.
* Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34-66% ? Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1-33% ? Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1-33% ? Lower extremities Never 0%
* Inside - 90% Outside - 10% ? Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.? Refrigerated and ambient environment 35 to 90 degrees
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about:
About Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
Disclosure Statement:Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully:Fresh Thyme is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Fresh Thyme via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Fresh Thyme in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Fresh Thyme, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Fresh Thyme as a result of the referral or through other means.
Associated topics: bakery manager, conference, frontend, management, manager, night manager, operations, service manager, store manager, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.