Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide excellent customer service:
* Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
* Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting others.
* Return customers vehicles in clean condition with radios, seats, mirrors and other convenience items in the same position as when the customer brought the vehicle in. No smoking in customer vehicles.
* Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise Management of all serious complaints or incidences.
2. Perform preparation work on vehicles:
* Perform all necessary preparation work on damaged surfaces of vehicles in accordance with auction and professional standards
* Review work orders and identify damaged panels, parts and bumpers
* Wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working.
* Remove vehicle parts, if necessary, using appropriate power equipment and hand tools.
* Repair panels: sand, fill, coat and feather damaged area.
* Prime: clean and mask repaired areas, mix primer, apply appropriate number of coats of primer.
* Inspect all work and rework if necessary.
3. Complete documentation:
* Properly complete all work order documentation, record vehicle stock number and body hours.
* Check off each job and return the work order to the Body Shop Clerk or Manager when work has been completed.
4. Maintain work station:
* Ensure all shop area conditions are not a potential threat to employee or customer safety.
* Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee or customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property.
* Report all incidents to Body Shop Supervisor or Manager immediately per auction policy.
5. Other responsibilities:
* Maintain equipment and tools properly and advise supervisor or manager of any needed equipment maintenance or breakdown.
* Practice and promote teamwork at all times.
* Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
Practice and promote company Core Values: Integrity, Customer Care, Innovation, Safety, Teamwork, Employee Welfare, Community Involvement and Fun.
Body Repair Tech Specific Responsibilities and Skills
* Vehicle Inspection & Collision Repair Identify body part replacements, Identify Collision repair, Identify hidden damages.
Body Repair Tech Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or GED preferred
* Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid drivers license.
* Must provide sufficient tools and knowledge to use tools that are required to perform the job.
* 1 to 2 years of body repair experience preferred
* Certification in Aluminum repairs preferred
* I-CAR training preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: The physical activity requirements of the position are Medium to Heavy Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
* Constant reaching, standing, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing
* Frequent- stooping, repetitive motion
* Occasional- balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting
* Potential - running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful movement in emergency situations.
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical current , moving mechanical parts, exposure to hot equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.