Division InformationHardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders\\' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset?, Weiser?, Baldwin?, National Hardware?, Stanley?, FANAL?, Pfister?, EZSET?, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders\\' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Under the daily supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, this position is responsible to manually pack or package a wide variety of products and materials. Operate several electric lifts and manual pallet jacks to move materials around the warehouse.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Pick products on customer order pick list from slots in shipping area.
* Repackage or reassemble hardware products to fulfill customer orders.
* Assemble cartons and crates. May involve use of hand tools.
* Examine and inspect materials and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
* Manually or mechanically unload materials from 20 and 40 foot shipping containers when received.
* Operate electric-powered lifts and manual pallet jacks to transport materials within the warehouse while adhering to safety guidelines.
* Measure, weigh and count products and materials.
* Load skids or packages onto shrink wrap equipment.
* Record product, packaging and order information on shipping forms.
* Weigh products or materials and record weight or other production data on tags/labels.
* Transport completed packages by hand or with electric powered forklift, depending on weight.
* Perform maintenance on forklift and other lift equipment to ensure safe and proper working condition.
Education and Experience Profile
* High School Diploma or GED is required
* 1-2 years' of basic warehouse, stock, or related experience is required.
* Previous experience operating a forklift is a plus.
* Previous experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
* Familiar with ERP software such as MAS, SAP, etc.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
* Ability to work well in a team environment as well as work independently.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
* Working conditions are normal for a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
* Frequent walking, standing, bending, twisting, pulling, reaching and stooping.
* Must observe and adhere to all safety rules and practices, including PPE requirements.
Associated topics: entry level, logistics, logistics engineer, logistics intern, picker, servicer, warehouse, warehouse intern, warehouse operation, warehouseman