Reporting to the Associate Director of Grounds, the Supervisor of Grounds and Turf will be based at the Main Campus in Philadelphia. The incumbent will report to the Associate Director of Grounds (department head), as a member of the Grounds Department's management team, which assures the safe function and aesthetic standard of an urban campus with extensive amenity turf areas, as well as artificial turf athletic fields. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in turfgrass management. Two (2) years of directly related experience. Turfgrass and irrigation experience. Demonstrated supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* Experience with synthetic turf.
* Snow removal experience.
* Advanced computing skills.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of turfgrass and irrigation best practices.
* Basic mechanical aptitude with small to mid-size grounds maintenance equipment.
* Demonstrated ability to supervise, manage, evaluate, and lead a groundskeeping staff.
* Familiarity with turf and grounds maintenance equipment.
* PA commercial pesticide applicator's license in categories 6&7, or the ability to obtain within one year of employment
* Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite
* Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
This position requires a Valid, current Driver's License
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at:
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-###-####.
Tobias Thompson is finalizing the job description.
Associated topics: coordinator, general manager, lead, luxury, manager i, manager iii, resident, superintendent, supervise, supervisory