When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Process Management by simplifying complex processes; getting more out of fewer resources; understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow
- Develop direct reports by providing challenging tasks and assignments; provide developmental feedback
- Direct others through establishing direction; distribute workload; clear communication
- Managing & Measuring work by tracking and assigning responsibilities for tasks; set clear objectives and provide feedback
- Supervise the production process and ensure compliance to all safety, GMP, and other regulatory requirements
- Develop direct reports by effectively using the PMD (Performance Management Discussion) process and offer clear and constructive feedback
- Direct the daily work load to ensure schedule completion while managing utilization and efficiency
- Build and develop a disciplined workforce that adheres to all procedures and Work Instruction Documents
- Improve the production processes by utilizing the tools outline in PPI (Particle Process Improvement)
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 year post high school education or applicable industry experience required
- 1 year experience leading a team in a professional work environment
- Working knowledge, Microsoft Office (Word, PP, Excel)
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced problem solving
- Ability to mentor, train, motivate and coach
- Analytical capability
- Ability to identify waste and improve processes
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Time management
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to influence
- Previous experience working with internal customers
- Continuous Improvement Certification a plus (i.e. Six Sigma)
- 10% travel time*Relocation assistance is available for the role.
*Relocation assistance is available for the role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.